The Coronavirus, or Covid-19 has become a pressing health concern, especially here in our own Wake County, and we at Harmony Farms are taking it very seriously. Chiefly, these include extra safety, health, and cleaning precautions to keep our staff and customers safe.
Our first change is our hours. Until Wake County Schools resume normal schedule, we will be closing early at 7PM (Mon-Sat).
This extra time will allow us to maintain the rigorous health, cleaning, and safety standards necessary to keep our customers and staff safe.
Second, in addition to providing hand sanitizers at both checkouts, we’re safely sanitizing each check out area about twice an hour. At our bulk area, all the scoops are single use, and at our organic drink bar, staff wear gloves, practice frequent hand washing, and are adhering to CDC recommendations.
In addition, all staff are applying Silver Biotics Advanced Healing Skin Cream (which contains colloidal silver) throughout the day to make sure their natural skin barrier remains healthy between the hand sanitizing. And, as to be expected, any staff showing symptoms of illness are staying at home.
Immune Boosting Recommendations
- 4K mg daily for time of immune concern | 2K mg/day for maintenance
- 1 Tb twice daily or 400mg Elderberry capsule twice daily- we have several brands that include Vit C in their Elderberry! We have both shelf stable and refrigerated Organic Elderberry Syrups available. Elderberry Syrup is available as 3 types:
- Straight extract (Elderberry is clinically known to kill 99% of all virus that cause throat infections and boosts your immune system);
- Elderberry with Cloves, Honey, and Cinnamon (which also helps protect your bronchial system);
- Elderberry with Echinacea, Hibiscus, Rose Hips, Honey, and Cinnamon
- 1 tsp twice daily during time of immune concern; ½ tsp daily for maintenance
- 4 kIU daily | 1-2 kIU daily
- If you are around a lot of people and/or children in your daily flow of life, we recommend taking this amount all year long.
- If not, then 4kIU during concerned time and 1-2kIU/day
- 400mg min daily during time of concern not to exceed 2 months of daily intake
- Such as Wheatgrass, Goji Berries, Blueberries, Muscadine Grape, and algae like Spirulina, Blue, and Red.
- These foods are extremely high in antioxidants, which boost your immune system. (There are many antioxidant-rich foods, but these top our list.) We do have these superfoods available to add into any juices or smoothies at our drink bar.
Hand Sanitizing Options
In addition to frequent hand washing (remember, it’s 20 full seconds!), use sanitizers to keep your hands clean throughout the day. We carry clean sanitizers that are usually only 75% alcohol combined with astringent herbs and probiotics to thoroughly clean and protect.
Safely make your own!
Many drug stores are running low on hand sanitizers, but you can also create your own very effective sanitizer by adding Eucalyptus Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and Hydrogen Peroxide to your existing body lotion. We’ll have more about this and other hand sanitizing recipes in our next newsletter.