There’s no better time for a cleanse than at the start of a new year! It’s a great way to help your body eliminate toxins and waste, and it’s a lot more approachable than fasting.
This guide is fairly short, but that’s because doing a juice cleanse is more straight forward than you might guess!
Prepping for the Cleanse
Before cleansing, begin reducing or eliminating heavy and fatty foods, caffeine, alcohol, and other things that could prompt withdrawals in your body during the cleanse. Many people may confuse withdrawals from these items as side effects of the cleanse, but that is not the case; our bodies need time to adjust to not having addictive fats, sugars, alcohol, put inside them.
*You may continue to drink coffee during the cleanse, we just suggest you reduce the amount to as little as you can. A day or two before cleansing, you will also want to cool off from intense workouts, as this can exert too much energy from the body during a cleanse.
The Cleanse (3 Days)
- For each day of the cleanse, you’ll drink 64 oz of juice, which will serve as your meals. The most common way to divide the drink up is into four meals of 16 oz., but you can also make meals smaller, such as 8oz. drinks, to make it easier to get through the day. Email us to prepare your juice cleanse for you!
- You may also consume water, broth, herbal teas, and some coffee (be aware that coffee can also be more rapidly expelled from your body during cleansing).
- Another aid for helping to ensure you are getting enough nutrients is to add Green Superfoods to your water or light smoothie.
- You may also use hot salt baths to help pull the toxins out of your body while you cleanse.
- Eliminate drinking alcohol and consuming solids during your cleanse, as it can derail the cleansing process.
- Be sure to get plenty of rest during your cleanse and to only do light exercise while cleansing, such as walking and stretches.
Call us at 919-782-0064 or email our juice bar to prepare your 1, 2 or 3-day juice cleanse order.